Hello! Helena here today, sharing my Dusty Attic moodboard layout for February. I really loved this one! I pulled out some of my old Pion Design papers and lots of beautiful Dusty Attic chippies, flowers and stencils, and started to play. I have a little tutorial on how I made the background, in the end of this post. But first, the layout, the moodboard and some close-ups!
I did a lot of layering on this layout, both papers, flowers and chippies. I love layering!!
The amazing frame is called Swirly Frame (DA1468) and I have cut it in two pieces and layered these around the picture.
I have painted the frame and the scrolls from Scroll set #1 (DA1466) with white gesso and then with Colour Paste from Colour Blast (Just Blue). I added some water to the paste and then used a small brush to paint on both chippies and paper. Amazing colour!! You can find Colour Blasts products at the Dusty Attic website!
The title Little Moments is from Mini Captions #6 (DA1385). I kept this piece raw, just added a bit of gesso on the edges.
I have also added some Stars #3 (DA115), painted white.
Some Dusty in Blooms, Blue Bonnet (DA0807), peeking out!
And here's the background tutorial:
1. I started by tearing my papers a bit (Pion Design papers, from the For Father collection).
2. I then used the Creative Script stencil (DA1494) with clear gesso (makes paint and ink blend together beautifully).
3. Then I used the same stencil with Dusty Attic texture paste:
4. I then sprayed gray and light blue mist on the stenciled parts and let the colour run and blend together.
5. For stability and good looks: a corrugated card in the back (DA0830):
Finished! After I finished layering papers, chippies and flowers, I added the Colour Paste and some script washitape.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you've enjoyed my layout and tutorial. Don't forget to add your own entry to this months moodboard!